Extra Fine (EF) nibs vary across brands with Japanese nibs generally considered as writing the finest line and Western ones the broadest. Here's a selection of inexpensive pens (all cartridge converter fill - except where listed) to try out for yourself:
(1) Japan: Pilot Kakuno - grey plastic body with push-on orange cap and Pilot converter;
(2) Japan: Platinum Preppy 02 - old-style clear plastic body (printing removed by me), with push on green cap and silver coloured-Platinum converter. NOTE: this is the 02 (EF) nib swopped in from a black Preppy but cap states 03 (F). These nibs are very easy to swop but use a wicking system to deliver ink rather than a standard feed so can be difficult to clean out. This should not affect your choice of ink - but if filling from your own supplies, please be aware of this.
(3) China: Wing Sung 3001 - green plastic, screw cap with gold-coloured nib and trim and clear feed (stained);
(4) China: Kaco Green Retro - green/turquoise with push on cap and orange clip ball. Ink window and hooded nib - a Parker 51-inspired pen.
(5) Korea: Monami Olika - clear plastic body and push on cap and with olive green rubberised grip. NOTE: this will come with matching ink cartridge as it does not come with a converter.
(6) India: Fountain Pen Revolution (FPR) Guru - clear plastic demonstrator barrel with black piston filler and screw on black cap. NOTE: this is a piston filler pen.
(7) Germany: Lamy nexx Citrus limited edition - metallic satin silver body, standard Lamy contoured rubber grip and yellow push on cap with Lamy converter. NOTE: black nib.
Length unposted: all approx 120mm - 130mm.
Smallest is FPR Guru, longest are Lamy and Kaco Green,
Length posted: All can be posted and are very similar in length, about 150 mm.
Excellent - well used but no scratches or chips or dents.
The Wing Sung has a stained clear feed; the FPR has yellowish sections on the clear barrel isn't well finished with a few lumps and bumps in the plastic with a particularly noticeable one near the clip.
Around £95 for all 7 including converters and any special nibs. Plus £15 for travel pouch. Total around £110.
Shipping cost is for UK only. Not available to hire outside the UK.
Pens will be posted in a Lihit Lab Nomadico travel pouch. Please return in this pouch.
Choice of ink:
I have a wide range of inks and these are all listed on my profile, please choose which you'd like to try. NOTE: extra fine nibs can write dry with drier inks. If you'd rather receive the pens empty, that's fine too - just let me know.